As a patient of this practice you can expect:
- to be seen the same day for conditions you and the doctor agree necessary.
- expect your medicines to be reviewed regularly if you are receiving repeat prescriptions.
- be referred to a Consultant, acceptable to you, when your GP thinks it is necessary and to be referred for a second opinion if both you and your doctor agree that this is desirable.
- have access to your health records, as allowed by the Data Protection Act. Please write to the Executive Director if you would like to see these or have copies made. We charge a small fee to cover our administrative costs.
- have your telephone enquiries answered promptly and dealt with efficiently.
- be informed of test, x-ray and outpatients results upon request.
As a patient of this practice we expect you:
- to treat the doctors and practice staff with courtesy.
- to be punctual for your appointment.
- to give the practice as much notice as possible if you are unable to keep a booked appointment so that we can use it for someone else.
- to make more than one appointment if more than one person needs to be seen.
- to be patient if appointment times are running late. It may be you who needs extra time on another occasion.
- to ask for a home visit only if the illness prevents you from attending the surgery. Children can usually be brought to the surgery .
- to give 48 hours notice before collecting repeat prescriptions.